The restoration has given back  to the town its original form and strengthened its structures. The use of up-to-date technology has made it possible make significant savings thanks to effective sound and heat insulation. On the other hand, traditional and - whenever possible - local materials have been used for windows, doors, fireplaces, paving and façades.

The restoration of the frescoes: The original church was dedicated to St. Primianus, whose cult was already widespread in the Valnerina area in ninth century. In 1333 the church was re-dedicated to St. Lawrence. When MIRTO srl purchased the borgo, much of the back wall of the church was covered by a layer of plaster, leaving only a few images in view.  Restoration work prior to the 1997 earthquake soon brought to light frescoes which covered the entire wall dating back to the second half of the sixteenth century. They were probably the work of De Magistris and his associates. The artist is also known as "il Caldarola". The 1997 earthquake caused the collapse of the wall which had only recently been restored. This, however, revealed, on the wall that remained standing behind it, a crucifixion dating back to the end of the fifteenth century. The restoration of the frescoes of the church was completed in 2010. The restoration work also uncovered yet another series of frescoes in a dwelling that had probably once been the a convent chapel. These depicted a Madonna, a crucifixion and a guardian angel. The restored work is of remarkable quality. We now also know the precise date of the frescoes and the name of the man who commissioned them.


Il restauro ha ridato al borgo le sue forme originarie e lo ha consolidato strutturalmente. L'adozione di tecnologie moderne ha permesso di ottenere un elevato grado di isolamento acustico e termico, con risparmio energetico. Sono stati utilizzati materiali tradizionali per finestre, portoni, camini, pavimentazioni e nel trattamento delle facciate.  

Il restauro degli affreschi: La chiesa originaria fu dedicata a San Primiano, il cui culto era diffuso in Valnerina già dal IX secolo d.c.; nel 1333 la chiesa fu dedicata  a San Lorenzo. Quando la MIRTO comperò il borgo, uno strato di scialbo ricopriva gran parte della parete di fondo della Chiesa, lasciando in vista solo alcune immagini.  Durante l'intervento di restauro precedente il sisma del 1997 furono riportati alla luce gli affreschi dell'intera parete databili alla seconda metà del sec. XVI,  e attribuibili alla cerchia del De Magistris, detto il “Caldarola”. A seguito del sisma, la parete appena restaurata crollò e su un muro retrostante, più antico, apparve una Crocifissione databile fine del sec. XV. Il restauro degli affreschi della chiesa è stato completato nel 2010. Nel corso dei lavori di restauro del borgo , in un'abitazione,  probabilmente la cappella di un antico convento, è stato scoperto un altro ciclo di affreschi, raffigurante un Crocefisso, una Madonna e un angelo custode. Il restauro ne ha rivelato la notevole qualità, e ha messo in luce data e nome del committente